Friday, 20 May 2021
Written by MYTHEO
The Collaboration, which is the First of its Kind, Aims to Make Investing Simpler and More Accessible
KUALA LUMPUR: Affin Bank Berhad ("Affin Bank" or "the Bank") today announces its first marketing collaboration with GAX MD SDN BHD (MYTHEO), an innovative robo-advisor licensed by Securities Commission Malaysia; an algorithm-driven and automated discretionary investment portfolio management services powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology.
This collaboration, which is the first of its kind between AFFIN BANK and a robo-advisory service provider, would allow new and existing customers of AFFIN AVANCE, a segment which is specially created for the tech savvy and on-the-go professionals, to accumulate wealth by leveraging investment algorithms that will diversify their investments across the global market and fully automate their portfolio rebalancing depending on the market conditions.
MYTHEO's fully automated portfolio maintenance capabilities, which are critical to producing high long-term investment performance, provide the following advantages:
- Possesses the capabilities to track vast volumes of market and economic data as well as news and reputable social media comments, which puts the robo-advisor in a better position to maximise returns while automatically rebalance any customer’s portfolio according to their risk and investment profile;
- Provides the most advanced and sophisticated robo-advisory services – its algorithm is assisted by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and big data to eliminate human bias and emotion from the trading process;
- Has the widest portfolio exposure across multiple asset classes globally – up to 30 ETFs are in the portfolio combination to achieve diversification v.s. only approx. 8 ETFs compared to industry;
- Low to zero entry fee & no hidden charges.
Additionally, this collaboration also offers new and existing customers of AFFIN AVANCE the following benefits:
- 3-months management fee waiver by MYTHEO if they subscribe anytime from 20 May to 30 November 2022*; AND
- complimentary 1- year Group Personal Accident (GPA) coverage up to RM50,000.00*;
Back to Main Blog
President & Group Chief Executive Officer of Affin Bank Datuk Wan Razly Abdullah said, “This partnership, which is our first collaboration of its kind with a robo-advisor, offers an alternative investment option to our new and existing AFFIN AVANCE customers, thus further enhancing our line-up of financial solutions and products offering”.
He added, “Malaysia's mass affluent category is performing exceptionally well, with an upward growth trend. There is an increasing demand for more convenient avenues to invest. Such collaboration to provide a robo-advisory service for our customers bodes well with their evolving needs, rapid technological advancement and shifting market dynamics. AFFIN BANK aspires to be at the forefront in providing a simpler and more accessible avenues for our customers to grow their wealth with us.”
Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of GAX MD Sdn Bhd, Mr Ronnie Tan said, “the partnership is another step in the company’s vision to help more people achieve their financial goals and enable their moments in life. Today, I am pleased that we are collaborating with Affin Bank to offer the Bank’s can opportunity to enjoy the benefits of digital wealth management service with a personalized touch”.
Customers who are interested to know more about AFFIN MYTHEO may visit any of the Bank’s branches within their respective localities, contact their Personal Financial Consultants, or submit an enquiry on the Bank’s websites at www.affinalways.com.
*Terms and Conditions apply.